Sunday, October 17, 2010

HON. MICHUKI: THE COUNTRY CAN NO LONGER PUT UP WITH YOUR PENURIOUS BANKRUPT AGE.

Dear honorable Michuki,

If what I am about to tell you is an overstatement of the truth and is indicative of my unreasonable impatience, I beg your forgiveness. Sir, you have undoubtedly had a checkered political career. At one time you seem so patriotic and magnanimous in your duties that the public thinks of you as a prudent leader who, like wine, has matured with age. But at other times, you seem so drenched in odious schemes so much so that every Tom, Dick and Harry can clearly see that you are completely trapped in selfish desires.

In placing my assertions in proper context, I remember with a lot of nostalgia, the famous “Michuki rules” and how they helped restore sanity in the transport sector in this country. Today, I acknowledge the gusto and vivacity you have injected in the Environment Ministry.

But I also vividly remember the “Artur Brothers Saga” and the infamous raid of the standard media group. I have also not forgotten that a few years ago you said that the struggle for a new constitution was restricted to the removal of former President Moi from power and that since “one of your own” had assumed the presidency, there was no need for a new constitutional order. You have never reversed on your stance only that you belatedly supported the ratification of the new constitution not because of its inherent good but because you did not want a blot in the legacy of your “friend”. Sir, these things echo so loudly in the present that they send a shiver down my spine.

As if that was not enough, your recent raucous and rattling rhetoric is testament of a politician who is callously ossifying negative ethnicity in the country. Sir, I see in you a man so desperately welding the electorate into servile instruments. You cut across as one who does not respect individual freedom or the concepts of civil liberty. Your attitude is an excruciating embarrassment to the promises of democracy, equal access and equal opportunity as enshrined in the new constitution.

Sir, perhaps you are oblivious of the damage that your sentiments may trigger in this country, but as a youth of this country, I have every right to demand that you and your ilk bequeath to us a peaceful and cohesive country. Is it too much if I asked you to purge yourself of the ethnic venom lest the country pays dearly for the debts of your penurious bankrupt age?

Sir, whereas I am not opposed to anyone staking a claim to the presidency, I find it particularly offensive that you are insinuating that the only means to the coveted presidency is vide the odious ethnic merry-go-rounds by the populous ethnic groups in this country? But pray thee sir, where does this leave the rest of the ethnic minorities? Are they less Kenyan? Don`t you think that such thoughts would preside over this country`s steady incremental decline?

I thought that with your kind of your political experience that stretches all the way to the colonial days you should be the one rallying the public to nail in the coffin of bigotry, the nauseous qualifications to the presidency based on ethnicity, gender and religion. I thought that you should be the one imploring Kenyans not to be encumbered by past ethnic perceptions and loyalties. But I now realize how dead wrong I was.

I pray that the scales of negative ethnicity fall of your eyes. I pray that God grants you many more years so that you may witness your great grandchildren enjoy the scintillating beauty that will shine upon a truly cohesive Kenya.

TOME FRANCIS,
BUMULA.
http://twitter.com/tomefrancis

No comments:

Post a Comment